Choosing a real estate professional who will represent you in the marketing, sale, and close of your home may be one of the most
important decisions of your life. This selection process is just as important as selecting any other professional such as your family physician, dentist, lawyer, or accountant.
The individual you choose should have your best interests in mind all the time. That person or team will be directly involved in assisting you; possibly with a large share of your personal assets. But regardless of the equity in your residence, you must have confidence and trust in the professional(s) who represents you. NEVER select an agent solely on their telling you the price YOU wanted to hear. Choose your professional on their integrity, expertise, marketing plan, and references. In addition, there are other standards to consider when selecting a real estate professional.
- Appearance, demeanor, attitude, timeliness
- Willingness to assist you in selecting the best price for your home
- Competence to prepare a written competitive market analysis
- Willingness/competence to explain the sale process
- Willingness to share office and agent's business history
- Ability to explain listing and sales agreements in layman terms
- Participant in one or more Multiple Listing Services
- Ability to negotiate and overcome concerns or objections
- Skill at showing your home to its best advantage
- Willingness to provide a detailed, individualized marketing plan
- Commitment to profession and customers
- Skill at turning lookers into qualified purchasers
- Commitment to the profession's Code of Ethics
- Ability to keep you informed through the sale process
- Thoroughness at completing the transaction from contract to closing
Recent Home Sales
- What are homes selling for in your neighborhood?Seller Resources
- Articles to help you navigate the selling process.